Attending Georgia Tech as a Transient or Visiting Student

Students who are eligible for the HOPE scholarship at their home institution should follow the procedure below. No other aid (including loans) is available through Georgia Tech. Students should contact their home institutions to determine if their aid can be used during transient terms.

HOPE Transient Requirements

To qualify for the Georgia HOPE scholarship for the term you are planning to attend as a transient student, you must submit the HOPE Scholarship Transient Form. If eligible, you will need to submit this form to our office prior to attending the host institution. We will transmit the information to the host institution via electronic submission. Your HOPE scholarship will be paid through your host institution.


Your HOPE/Zell scholarship will NOT pay for any subsequent semesters until the transcripts are received and articulated by the Georgia Tech Registrar's Office. Please note that the financial aid office does not accept official transcripts.

Transient Requirements

Procedures for Georgia Tech students attending another Title IV eligible U.S. institution as a transient (either in country or study abroad):
◾Students must provide a copy of Transient Approval Form from the Registrar’s Office.
◾The host institution must complete and sign the Financial Aid Transient Agreement Form.
◾The student should provide proof of registration and fee payment at the host school.
◾If the host institution will not sign the financial aid Transient Agreement Form, then we cannot disburse any Title IV financial aid until a transcript is received
◾Awards available for Transient Status:
1. Pell Grant
2. HOPE (Student must complete a HOPE Transient Form.)
3. Stafford and PLUS loans