- Submit a Position Request Form every year to either post a position to hire a new student or to rehire a FWS student that has previously worked for you.
- Contact and interview the students that have applied. Before you offer employment make sure the student has been awarded FWS by asking the student to provide copy of award notice. The student will be able to print off a copy of their award notice on OSCAR and give it to you for you to keep for your records. Once the award is confirmed, you may offer the position if both student and employer agree to the wage rate.
- The department's HR Coordinator will then need to send an electronic PSF that details the supervisor’s name, email address and phone number in the “Comments” section of the PSF. This example should be used a guide to ensure that the student is properly processed by the hiring department, OSFA, and OHR.
- Once the PSF is approved by the FWS Coordinator the student will need to fill out the new hire paperwork with OHR if the student has never worked for Georgia Tech. Please inform the student that ORIGINAL documentation for the I-9 is needed. Copies are not accepted.
- When the student has completed all OHR paperwork, if needed, then they may begin working. A student may not begin working until all OHR paperwork is processed.
- All FWS students have to fill out a Biweekly Time Document or the Kronos system may be used instead to report their hours actually worked in a pay period. No other form or system of reporting time worked may be used.
This website last updated/reviewed on 07/24/19