GThanks is an initiative to show appreciation to the donor and/or family whose generosity made your scholarship/fellowship possible.
Most of the scholarships offered to Georgia Tech students are made possible through the generous support of people who care about students and education. We need your help to communicate the importance of your scholarships to these donors. It gives the donor an opportunity to see how the gift has made a difference in your life as a student. Nothing is appreciated more than a kind letter of thanks.
You are required to submit letters to each donor of your scholarships. Your letter(s) are due to the Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid (OSFA) by October 13.
Thank You Letter Format
- Use 8.5" x 11" paper, stationery, or an appropriate thank you card. It is recommended that you submit your letter(s) electronically, if typed. We only accept MS Word or PDF formats and your letter must include a hand written electronic signature.
Thank You Letter Style and Content
- Your letter must be dated.
- Always use "Dear" for the salutation.
- Use your donor’s name in the salutation. (The Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid will provide this information.)
- If you are writing to the donor from previous years, it is strongly recommended that you provide an update on your academic achievements such as your study abroad, internships, and/or co-op experience with the donor.
- You are encouraged to include a biographical sketch/resume.
- Photos are optional. If providing a picture(s), please write your gtID# on the back of each picture.
Finalizing Your Thank You Letter
- Be sure to include the full and correct name of the scholarship in your letter.
- Your signature is required on the thank you letter prior to submission.
- Provide your Georgia Tech ID number.
Delivering Your Thank You Letter
- You may email your MS Word and PDF formatted letter to email@example.com. (Please remember that a hand written electronic signature is required.)
- Mail it to:
- Hand deliver your letter to the Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid on the third floor of the Bill Moore Student Success Center. Do not seal your letter in an envelope. A member of the financial aid office will review your letter. In cases where there are typos or grammatical errors, you will be notified to send in a corrected letter.
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
This website last reviewed/updated on 10/04/17