As we prepare for the start of the fall semester, here are several important updates for you to be aware:
- The best way to get your questions answered is to visit the first floor of the Bill Moore Student Success Center August 12 - 27 from 8:30AM - 4:00 PM ET.
- Email and voicemail responses may take up to 5-7 business days. We encourage you to use our contact form.
- Students who did not complete their applications/submit all required documentation by July 1 should be prepared to pay the Bursar by August 26.
- We WILL continue to accept applications and missing documents and work to review your eligibility so please continue to send them, but if you were late, prepare to pay the Bursar by August 26, 2019.
- Resources for you
Once you have submitted requested items, please allow 3-5 business days for you documents to be processed and updated in your OSCAR account.
Know More. Borrow Less
As part of a University System of Georgia initiative on improving financial literacy, you may have received an email detailing information on your loans. For information about the Know More Borrow Less initiative for the University System please visit https://www.usg.edu/know_more_borrow_less/.
Disbursement Information and Dates
Timing of Disbursements:
To see if an award has disbursed, or is anticipated to disburse, check your "Student Invoice Statement" on OSCAR. Actual disbursements will appear as credits toward your balance.
For a brief period, you may notice that your "Anticipated Financial Aid" is not on your student invoice and your student account has not been credited. This is normal procedure. You may still view your Financial Aid Awards under "My Award Letter" in OSCAR and continue to check for your credits to appear on your Student Account before the payment deadline.
Based on registrar’s 5 term school calendar found at the Registrar's website
|ANTICIPATED AID AVAILABLE||DISBURSEMENT AVAILABLE||BURSAR REFUNDS||FEE PAYMENT DEADLINE|
Conditions for Aid to Disburse:
- Valid FAFSA and GT App. View any missing requirements in the "My Requirements and Eligibility" section of Financial Aid in OSCAR.
- You must meet all Satisfactory Academic Progress requirements. You may check your financial aid Satisfactory Academic Progress in OSCAR in the "My Requirements and Eligibility" section of Financial Aid.
- Funds must have been received by Georgia Tech, including outside scholarships or loans.
- You must be properly enrolled for the type of aid you are awarded. View "Enrollment Status" for general guidelines and see below for additional program-specific details.
- Audit coursework does not count toward enrollment requirements for disbursement, i.e. participation in the Cooperative Education employment program.
- Effective Fall 2011, coursework that has previously been passed and repeated once, and is then subsequently repeated again, does not count toward enrollment requirements for disbursement. "Passed" is defined as a grade of "D" or better. An exception is any class designated by the Institute as intended to be repeated. Examples include: Special Topics, Special Problems, thesis courses, dissertation courses, etc.
- Scholarship checks in excess of $1,000 will be divided into two disbursements, with half applying to Fall charges and half to Spring.
- Check OSCAR regularly, especially after making any changes to enrollment during the drop/add period. Make sure your fees are paid in full by the fee payment deadline.
- Financial aid advisors are available on a walk-in basis in the Bill Moore Student Success Center weekdays from 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Page last reviewed/updated 08/02/19