There are many scholarship opportunities that do not involve Georgia Tech directly. These are considered outside scholarships. To locate outside scholarships, you may want to contact your high school guidance counselor, local civic organizations (i.e., Rotary, Lions, etc.), church groups, places of employment, and the web.
Scholarship Information Links
College Board Homepage
Gates Millennium Scholars Program
Hispanic Scholarship Directory
Jack Kent Cooke Foundation Scholarship Program
The following points are offered to assist in the accurate delivery of outside scholarship funds:
- Checks should be mailed to:
Georgia Institute of Technology
Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid
Attn: Michelle Alfred
225 North Avenue
Atlanta, GA 30332-0460
- Students must report to the GT Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid any scholarships, grants, loans and other types of assistance from various outside sources including their high school, community, civic, and professional associations and other programs.
- It is the student’s responsibility to provide official notification from the donor as soon as the student is offered a scholarship or award.
- Federal regulations require students to report any scholarship, grant, special teacher rate or other assistance received from sources other than Georgia Tech. Failure to do so may result in cancellation of any and all aid administered by Georgia Tech.
- Students should report scholarships awarded regardless of whether the funds have been received; scholarships being renewed from the previous year; and all other sources of assistance not reported on the financial aid award letter. If the student knows the award amounts for the full year, the amounts should be reported for all semesters and terms.
- Federal and state regulations state that a student cannot receive scholarships and other need-based financial aid in excess of their financial need.
- Regulations also state that the combined amount of a student’s aid cannot exceed their cost of attendance if the student also receives any institutional, federal, or state aid.
- Georgia Tech will recalculate a student’s eligibility for restricted and need based aid upon receipt of the scholarship notification.
- Notification should be emailed with attachments to email@example.com.
If you require additional information, please contact:
Student Financial Aid Advisor III
Verification of enrollment for scholarships
The Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid refers requests for verification of a student's enrollment to the Office of the Registrar. Many outside scholarships require that the student provide proof of enrollment. In some cases, the donor's own form must be used. In others, Georgia Tech's standard form is acceptable to them. In either case, guidance on how you can obtain this information for your scholarship can be found at the following link: http://www.registrar.gatech.edu/students/formlanding/enrollverification.php. Please note that enrollment verification information cannot be provided until the Friday following the last day of phase II registration for the term. (Usually, this is the Friday of the second week of class for the term).
This website last updated/reviewed on 03/31/17