Disbursement Information and Dates for Summer Semester 2017
Timing of Disbursements:
Disbursements for Summer Semester 2017 will begin on May 10, 2017, and continue throughout the registration period.
To see if an award has disbursed, or is anticipated to disburse, check your "Student Invoice Statement" on BuzzPort. Actual disbursements will appear as credits toward your balance.
The "Anticipated Financial Aid" field will expire on May 14, 2017.
For a brief period, you may notice that your "Anticipated Financial Aid" is not on your student invoice and your student account has not been credited. This is normal procedure. You may still view your Financial Aid Awards under "My Award Letter" in BuzzPort and continue to check for your credits to appear on your Student Account before the payment deadline.
Conditions for Aid to Disburse:
- Valid 2016-2017 FAFSA and 2016-2017 GT App. View any missing requirements in the "My Requirements and Eligibility" section of Financial Aid on BuzzPort.
- You must meet all Satisfactory Academic Progress requirements. You may check your financial aid Satisfactory Academic Progress on BuzzPort in the "My Requirements and Eligibility" section of Financial Aid.
- Funds must have been received by Georgia Tech, including outside scholarships or loans.
- Timing -- You will be able to view funds on your account beginning May 10, 2017. The disbursement process will continue daily throughout the registration period.
- You must be properly enrolled for the type of aid you are awarded. View "Enrollment Status" for general guidelines and see below for additional program-specific details.
- Audit coursework does not count toward enrollment requirements for disbursement, i.e. participation in the Cooperative Education employment program.
- Effective Fall 2011, coursework that has previously been passed and repeated once, and is then subsequently repeated again, does not count toward enrollment requirements for disbursement. "Passed" is defined as a grade of "D" or better. An exception is any class designated by the Institute as intended to be repeated. Examples include: Special Topics, Special Problems, thesis courses, dissertation courses, etc.
- Scholarship checks in excess of $1,000 will be divided into two disbursements, with half applying to Fall charges and half to Spring.
- Check BuzzPort regularly, especially after making any changes to enrollment during the drop/add period. Make sure your fees are paid in full by the fee payment deadline.
- Financial aid advisors are available on a walk-in basis in the Bill Moore Student Success Center weekdays from 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- May 22, 2017 by 4 p.m. is the final day to pay fees for Summer 2017.
Page last reviewed/updated 04/20/17